Friday, September 27, 2013

Friday Feature!

Hello & Happy Friday!!

I'm sorry I skipped yesterday, but I was getting ready for this awesome project reveal today!  (I actually had to make it...& remind myself to take photos as I went because I always seem to forget to do that!)


 You need: a 10" Styrofoam wreath, straight pins, a thimble (optional), a Bone Folder & 6 sheets of Designer Series Paper to get started.
Cut your Designer Series Paper (DSP) into 1/2" strips.  (I did this until I had 4" of each paper left)


 Using your Bone Folder, curl your 1/2" strips.  Be careful not to curl too much, or the paper will actually stop curling & straighten out (ask me how I know!?!)...but you can curl them tighter with your fingers if they're not tight enough. ;)
 
Start pinning each paper curl onto the wreath...randomly...
 
I have issues with 'random' placement of anything, so this was a challenge for me.  I was, however, determined to step out of my comfort-zone & make this work!
 
Continue pinning paper curls until the whole wreath is full...at least the top & kind of down the edges...you want it to lay flat against the wall or door that you're going to hang it on.
 
After that, I added some Chevron Ribbon to hang it by, some glitter-bats on wire & a Rosette made out of one of the 4" strips of DSP that I had left.
 
Next was deciding what to put inside the Rosette...
 
I chose this, but you could use any number of items...the Witches Brew Banner Kit actually has lots of cool glitter images & supplies to make Rosettes too!  (The Banner Kit would make decorating your wreath in coordinating colors super-easy!!!)

I hope you enjoyed this project!  If you would like to order the supplies to make one of your very own, contact me so we can discuss what your options are!  If you would like one of these already made for you, I'm taking orders for those as well...in Halloween, Fall/Thanksgiving or Christmas!

If you order the supplies & would like a little 'direction' while you assemble it, we can set up a Private Class for you & up to 3 of your friends!  (Again, contact me so we can work out the details & set your date!)

If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask me!

Thanks for stopping by!  I'd love to hear what you think about this...leave a comment below with any thoughts, suggestions & even ideas about this wreath & you will be entered into a drawing!
~Cybil

No comments:

Post a Comment